yes, OF COURSE! i’m sorry about the number of times i’ve posted about this au, as a sidenote. anyway, here’s some of the vague notes i’ve jotted down.
(tw for child abuse)
- They met at a baseball game. None of the kids would choose Steve for their team, but Bucky did.
- Having grown up together at the orphanage, Bucky and Steve were inseparable as kids until Bucky moved away with his foster family. (HYDRA stand-in!!)
- They exchanged letters/phone calls as they grew up apart, but eventually Bucky stopped sending them - his new foster father (Pierce) wouldn’t let him communicate with Steve.
- At some point in time, Bucky loses his arm in one of Zola’s (Pierce’s partner) “accidents” in the lab, and has it replaced with a metal one. [ Whether or not Bucky knows this “accident” wasn’t really an accident at all - but a ploy to use Bucky as a test subject for Zola’s new experimental prosthetic - is not decided yet! ]
- Steve was small and sickly as a child, but after Bucky moved, Steve worked hard to toughen up his body. He plays baseball and other sports, but he gets the most recognition for baseball. He still is asthmatic, colorblind, nearsighted, prone to sickness, etc.
- Bucky is just as good at playing baseball, but he’s fallen out of the habit. He’s not as good as making art, but he likes it a lot better than playing baseball (now).
- Steve’s going to college on a sports scholarship as a way to afford the art classes he wants to take. He aspires to be a comic artist.
- After meeting again, Steve tries throughout the first semester to reconcile with Bucky. Sam, his best friend since high school, attempts to help him search Bucky out.
- After they ~reconcile~, Steve tries to convince Bucky to take up baseball again, but Bucky refuses to join the team. That’s okay with Steve.
- Sam is Steve’s best friend and a member of Steve’s baseball team. So is Maria Hill! And maybe some of the Avengers (Thor)???
- Natasha is Bucky’s best friend, but Steve, Sam, and Natasha are also close - or they grow close. Bucky likes to hang out with Clint/Natasha.
- Sam and Natasha are the RAs for their dormitories. Sam wants to join the Air Force when he leaves college, and Natasha’s studying psychology. She also takes ballet/combat training/gymnastics classes.
- Sam volunteers at the local VA office.
- Natasha’s tattoos are always temporary - either she draws them on or has Bucky do it for her. She doesn’t like them permanent, but she likes having them.
- Steve and Sam’s rival baseball team is STRIKE.
OH, and if you guys ever want to toss some ideas at me, please please feel free to do so!
“I had ‘em. I can handle it.”
"Yeah, yeah. All I’m saying is, be careful. Hold still."
This was supposed to be a color palette challenge response for the AU, but I went a little overkill. Oops!
commission for littlehornet!!! she asked for pinup fem!steve and bucky for her sidebar
pledge allegiance to that ass, am i right y’all
pre serum steve is so cute and tiny. i want to see his ass get pounded